Mr Chis Blauth: Biography
- Qualified BSc MB BS St Thomas’ Hospital 1979, FRCS 1983.
- Trained in cardiothoracic surgery at Brompton, Hammersmith, Middlesex, Harefield, and St George’s Hospitals and the Cleveland Clinic, USA.
- Research fellow RPMS studying brain injury related to cardiac surgery leading to MS (1992) and Hunterian Professor Royal College of Surgeons 1989.
- Consultant surgeon at Guy’s and St Thomas’ since 1992.
- Clinical lead for cardiac surgery 1998 to 2015.
- Mitral valve repair
- Ross procedure
- Surgery for atrial fibrillation
- Cardiac surgery in the elderly
- Less invasive surgery
- Surgery for cardiac arrhythmias